Monday, May 12, 2008

Give Me Five Monday Meme #23

Monday, May 12, 2008

The 'Give Me Five' Monday meme is designed to share fun information with each other in a simple short list! Here's how it works. Each week, I will put out a random topic from my list of topics and you share 5 answers of your choice on the given topic and link back here! You can add photos, links or stories or just a simple list of your own of 5 things that relate to the topic as it pertains to you and your life experiences. It doesn't have to be in any order of importance unless otherwise specified.
Sign up for weekly reminder emails @ beccagirl@charter.net


Give Me Five things you enjoyed about your mother's day yesterday or from prior years.

I am not a mom...but I have one! Also, yesterday was a big errand day for me so I think I will pick a few from yesterday and a couple from years past.


1. Mother's Day is always bitter sweet. You are happy to spend time with your mom, but at the same time, sad because you miss your grandma and you know your mom is feeling the same thing as well. I don't think that will ever go away but I don't let it get me down. I just use it as a time to remember the moms I know who have passed. I almost always go to the cemetery and put flowers out on a couple of friend's moms' who have passed. I don't think they go to the cemetery and I can't stand the thought that no one visits on Mother's day, so I go. I understand it's hard for them...I can imagine it will be hard for me when it ever becomes my turn for that. Unfortunately, my mother will be buried about 3 hours drive from here not too far from where my grandma is buried, so that will change things even more for future Mother's day plans...but let's not think about that yet!!


2. I took my mom out to lunch at Outback Steakhouse...I had grilled salmon (the best grilled salmon!) and momma had the Alice Springs Chicken (my second favorite). It was a very nice meal and a very nice time to visit with mom and enjoy her company. My mom lives with me and we work together, so you'd think I'd get tired of her...but hello, it's mommy! LOL


3. I was able to run some errands! Saturday was a big resting day so I decided to send momma off to home for a nice nap while I went and did some running and was able to accomplish a few loose ends. It feels good to get things done...I need to keep my momentum going...I actually did 1 productive thing on Sat, though...I 'found' my desk and organized it and cleared if all off! Now I can go back to comfortably using my computer at home!


4. I remember making cards for my mom on Mother's Day when I was young. I always did live to be creative and crafty and mom sure did love those hand made cards! I used it as almost an excuse to be crafty! I mean, I loved being crafty so much, I would just sit and water paint or cut paper out and glue it onto another piece or color...I still do love to be crafty alot but not to the same intense borderline need to seek addiction treatment type need to do it all the time. I've grown out of that stage, but I do love to make cards and such still! Paper crafting is a great venue of creativity for me, I really enjoy it.


5. I always love to hear stories about the Mother's Days when I was young, the ones I can't remember. Mom tells me stories about the things we would make for her in school and bring home adorned with glitter and painted hand prints. I also love to hear stories about going down to the country and visiting my grandma on Mother's Day. My mom and I sure did love her and we really miss her, especially this time of year...well any time of year, really. I hope you all had a great time reliving memories from the Mother's Days in your history. Here's to many more fond memories in the future!
Give Me Five Participants
1. maryt/theteach
2. Penny Lane
3. Kat
4. maria

Learn more about Give Me Five here.

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

5 comments:

maryt/theteach said...

Becca, I'm not a mom either but I posted a little something for GMFM! :)

Anonymous said...

Becca, I did it again...the address on Mr. Linky is right but click here: Answers to the Questions
maryt/theteach

BeccA's Buzz said...

LOL It's ok girl!!!

Anonymous said...

Gee, is this MEME spooked?
LOL -- I had to do Mr. Linky twice because a connection screen came up and I clicked on Mr. Linky instead of connect!

Then I read Mary had issues. LOL

I have a simple self explanatory list.

If you want to enter my giveaway, go ahead, you or anyone reading this is welcome to.

Becca -- Blogger now allows (last weeks upgrade)predated postings that will go up automatically with your future date and time!!! You can do a bunch of them for a month and put them on "autopilot".

BeccA's Buzz said...

Wow!! I'll have to check that out!