Thursday, June 26, 2008

"The Color Purple" the musical is coming to St. Louis!

As many of you know, "The Color Purple" is one of my all time favorite movies! I literally watched it again as late as last Saturday (5 days ago). Nothing makes me cry *quite* like that movie. From the opening scene, I am a basket case because I am thinking of what comes later on.

I heard some buzz a couple of years ago about a musical production well in the works. If memory serves me right, Oprah has alot to do with it, no surprise there. And why not? She has the money to do it! I remember commenting at the time, despite her involvement, I still want to see it! Looks like I will finally get my chance. I was pleased and excited to receive a Fox Theater booklet in the mail today announcing the shows for the 2008-2009 upcoming season because The Color Purple the musical is on the list! Yay!!!! The performance dates will be Oct. 21 - Nov. 2, 2008. I'd better start saving now for the tickets and the kleenex!

No comments: