Thursday, June 26, 2008

Now that things are cleaned up...

It has been a couple of weeks now that my apartment is nice and cleaned up! I have been trying to stay on top of the problem areas as they come up and so far I'm pleased with the results. I'm sorry if I keep talking about how much I enjoy my house being cleaned. It's just that for the past few years, I've gone in and out of varying degrees of depression. While I'm down, I do no cleaning. Right now, I do feel as though I'm coming back up and having the house clean is such an intricate part of the process of that uphill climb.

Although I am happy with things being clean, I am now noticing a few unfinished projects and other items of interest that have been uncovered and forgotten amidst the clutter. Every room seems to have at least 1 area that needs to be reorganized or refurbished. Take the living room for instance, I am still using a sofa table I found discarded as my entertainment console. It is *kinda* like this one, only not as nice.

It fits the purpose, but is completely unattractive. It's a shame to put so much time, effort and resources into decorations and then have that eye sore supporting the TV and stereo and DVD player and such. I mean, I don't want to go out and buy a brand new entertainment center and specialized audio racks just for the sake of looks! The table is a very sturdy *real* wood piece, it just happens to be designed for different use and it shows. I've thought about painting it black like the other furniture, I think that would make it 'fit in' better even though it is a different style than my other table furniture in the living room. And this is just one area of long since forgotten incompleteness. Ugh, who knew solving one problem would bring about so many new ones?

No comments: