Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Pet Peeves - Kid T-Shirts

It's no secret that I have a few pet peeves. Come on, we all do at some point! One of my ongoing pet peeves which has suddenly taken off again is bad attitude t-shirts for kids.

If you put this on your kid, people will read it and laugh or snicker or gasp, your child will begin to enjoy the attention, possibly begin to believe it's true and then do his/her best to live up to the advertisement. Your child will think it's expected behavior, mom put this on me intentionally! Well, I say, "Enough!" There's nothing funny or entertaining about it.

Is it too much to ask to encourage your kids to be better than their sin nature?! Why, oh why would you spend hard earned money to dress your kids with a billboard of bad attitude? You know, until recently, bad attitude from children was looked down upon in society. Now people laugh in their faces and wonder why 14 & 15 year old kids are pregnant or killing people for $20 worth of crystal meth! And don't even get me started on images & symbols of death on kids!

If you feel the need to dress your child in a worded t-shirt, try looking past the naughty ones disguised as funny and find some actual funny t-shirts? Just like everything else out there, you have to weed through to find something acceptable but it's worth the search! My nephew is 1 1/2 years old and I bought him one that says, "I still live with my parents." See? Funny, not negative.

2 comments:

Vivian said...

the t-shirt thing is way out of control. i hate to see the writing and the pictures. they are just so rude. even on adults. i think people just need to grow up and realize they look stupid with stuff printed on their clothes.

Anonymous said...

I can't decide if I hate them on kids more or full grown adults. Seriously, drop the cute/snarky sayings on your tv shirts before by 25.