Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Water water everywhere and not a drop to drink!

Well, here we are again, flooded in the Midwest. I swear everyone is making this huge rainstorm up! Saturday night I went to sleep really late and it was not raining. I woke up Sunday morning and couldn't hear any significant rain to speak of. It's as if I didn't even know of any rain and yet I can see that it flash flooded everywhere! The Make-A-Wish Foundation lost everything including all the artwork from kids, other businesses and homes and apartment buildings all ruined by the rush of many waters.

Normally this time of year is the best time to be outside walking and getting fresh air but with all the flooding and raining, I suppose we'll have to settle for indoor ellipticals and treadmills. The weather is normally cool and bright, not quite fall, no longer HOT summer and humidity (St. Louis, remember?). Well, not lately with all this rain and the water isn't even expected to crest until Wednesday. I also heard it rained more up north and that will make the levels go back up. Wow, water is such a powerful force. Run for the hills, fellow Midwesterners! And watch out down south cause all this water has to go somewhere!

No comments: