Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Finally, a weekend away!

Well, it was father's day this past weekend, and I was finally able to get out of the city for a couple of days. I enjoyed some much needed fun in the sun as well as, riding my dad's 4 wheeler for the first time. It was alot of fun! Of course, I took it easy and didn't try too many adventurous manuvers, but all in all, it was a good time. Here's a pic from Sat. when my cousin and I went to Current River @ Owl's Bend. They have really made this into a nice place to enjoy the river again.

There's a nice long beach area complete with some shaded areas for refuge from the sun/rain/elements. It did rain some this day, but it was alot of fun anyway. Also, it was wonderful to find out Owl's Bend is now a place I can come back to and bring friends!!! When I was a child, our family would come here for the day or even camp out from time to time. It was a very happening place to have family reunions and go camping. There isn't much in the way of camping here, I'm afraid, but we did see a family gathered together for a reunion, so maybe all is not lost? It's only about 2 hours or so south-ish of St. Louis, anyone wanna go???

1 comment:

BeccA's Buzz said...

"Monica"
Your lame comments are restricted to the "Anonymous" area only, if I choose to continue to allow them at all. Frankly, you are beginning to bore me.