Wednesday, June 07, 2006

A much needed break...

Tomorrow, I am taking a much needed break from work and the city! I grew up 1/2 in the city and 1/2 in the country, so I get a little crazy if I stay cooped up in the city too long. I am the kind of person who NEEDS to fill my lungs with fresh country air and feel sun rays on my skin through skies that are void of obtrusive buildingfilled skylines.
My cousin Misty and I made up this great inexpensive get away last year, so now it is a tradition! We share a passion for scrapbooking and going to the river for swimming and soaking in the sun. So, we pack up our cropping supplies and projects, as well as our swim suits and river shoes, and drive about 2 1/2 hours south of St. Louis to the tiny little town of Ellington, MO. Her family owns an old farm about 3 miles outside of town, complete with farmhouse where we stay. Thus eliviating the need for a hotel bill. Also, we take our food and sometimes just drive into town once a day for dinner at THE restaraunt. Yep, there's only the one. It's just a hop and a skip (not even a throw) passed THE stop sign. LOL
Anyway, we like to spend the day on Black River at K Bridge

(pic from last year below)

and then at night, we stay up late listening to music and scrapbooking! It's great fun and a special way for the two of us to catch up and spend some girly time together.
A few days in the country is just what this girl needs right now!
See you soon!!!

PS, please feed Stephanie while I'm gone, thanks! -------> ------>

No comments: