Thursday, December 14, 2006

Friday's Feast # 122

I haven't posted in a while..so pour some sugar on this!

Feast One Hundred and Twenty Two

Appetizer:
What was your very first job with a paycheck?
Well, I have been babysitting since I was 11, but my first actual check with FICA and everything would have to be Burger King when I was 15.

Soup:
Did you ever lose something really important to you?
Yes, of course. Haven't we all?

Salad:
What is the best Christmas present you ever received?
I'd have to say, my big teddy bear 'Teddy.' It's a very cute story, actually. I had been out shopping with my mom prior to this, and saw this big brown fuzzy cuddly bear that I actually cried in the store over not getting. Mom says now, that she didn't get the bear at that time, because I had cried in the store, wich was against the rules, also not like me to do. She said the other reason she didn't buy it right then, was because she already had purchased it for me for a Christmas gift and had it waiting at home. She says atleast she knew I would like it!! I think now, the best part is the telling of the story behind it. I remember getting up on Christmas morning in the country at grandma's house (I always wondered how Santa knew we were @ grandma's house and not at home!) I remember turning the corner into the living room and seeing him sitting patienly waiting for me under the tree with a big green bow around him. I still have him, he's in my bedroom right now...his tag says 1978, I guess I was around 5 then. He certainly has made for a great companion over the years! He's still snuggly :)

Main Course:
Tell about a favorite "hang out" place for you and your friends when you were in high school.
Well, I didn't have a favorite hang out in high school. Most of my friends were pregnant at that time. Maybe they should have hung out more! LOL But if I have to pick a place, the mall is a good answer, too.

Dessert:
Name something that always brings a smile to your face.
Top 5 answers:
5. My cats playing & purring.
4. Memories of happy times with loved ones then and now.
3. The site of the ocean from the shore or the view from an airplane window on a clear day 38,000 feet up.
2. The smell or sounds of new clean babies.
1. Singing and rejoicing!

No comments: