The 'Give Me Five' Monday meme is designed to share fun information with each other in a simple short list! Here's how it works. Each week, I will put out a random topic from my list of topics and you share 5 answers of your choice on the given topic and link back here! You can add photos, links or stories or just a simple list of your own of 5 things that relate to the topic as it pertains to you and your life experiences. It doesn't have to be in any order of importance unless otherwise specified.
Sign up for weekly reminder emails @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Give Me Five birthday memories from your life or of someone else.
Today is my niece's 8th birthday and getting ready for it has me thinking about birthday memories from my own childhood. Feel free to share good ones, bad ones, surprise ones...what ever you got! Oh yeah, I don't have any photos of my own to show you in my post so I'll borrow from online :)
1. Slumber party/14th Birthday. This was awesome! I had a few friends over for the typical party and then like 3 or 4 of them stayed over and we had a blast! We laughed, we danced around and acted silly. It was great! I recently scrapbooked those photos and enjoyed looking at how young we were and wondered where those girls are now. I continued being close friends with one of those girls who slept over until about 5 years ago. I just remember how much fun we had that night, looking back on it thinking I never wanted it to end.
2. Surprise 50th party for my mom. It was alot of work to plan and execute! But in the end it was great. That room was filled with people who otherwise would never have been in the same room together. I don't mean that in a negative way at all, I'm talking work people with old high school friends of hers, her mom up from the country and cousins from the other side of my family, church peeps and I think even a neighbor! My brother's only job was to get her there on time and through a calamity of errors, were an hour and a half late. All in all, it was a great time when they finally arrived, mom cried when she saw her mom and old high school friend! She never would have believed I could pull off such a guest list I suppose.
3. 18th Birthday cake. Hands down, the best birthday cake ever! I only *WISH* I could show you a photo of that one, my mom paid alot of money to have 19 roses put on top! (1 to grow on...) (no wonder I'm fat! LOL) There was only room enough on the cake for an airbrushed rainbow across the middle, hands down, the best birthday cake ever!
4. My 1st and 2nd 21st Birthdays. A friend of mine was getting married the next day on my 20th birthday, so we went out the night before to a comedy club to celebrate both occasions. I left my ID at home (believe it or not, it worked) and told the doorman that since I was '21' now, I didn't think I needed it anymore. I got served!!! Of course, the next year when I actually turned 21, I cellebrated again, although I don't actually remember what I did on that night. Not because I drank too much, just because I don't remember. I know my friends got us tickets for the circus because I had never gone before, maybe that's what I did...who knows!
5. Birthday season, hunting season. I remember when I was young...well, even now, my birthday is basically right in the rifle season for deer hunting here in Missouri. So that means, birthday or not, the men in my life would leave me for a cold lonely tree stand! My dad always left me and now my brother and boss do, too. It's ok, I rather enjoyed it being just us girls when I was younger. We didn't have to worry about dad coming home drunk and ruining our fun. So how about you? Any birthday memories coming to mind??? Don't forget to comment too.
4. Tamy ~ 3 Sides of Crazy :)
6. sandra collins
8. Beverly (by Grace)
12. Melanie- Our Happy Happenings
14. Joyce T.