Thursday, May 21, 2009

America, you done good! Kris Allen wins American Idol!

This season of American Idol was pretty good. I can't say it was my favorite though. I didn't feel particularly partial to any one contestant this year. If I had to pick, I'd say my favorite was Danny Gokey. I liked his story and his performances. After he was eliminated, I really thought Adam Lambert was going to win.

I mean, Adam has all the attributes to be the next biggest thing on the goth/emo scene! I just couldn't stand to hear him screaming anymore. There's a fine line between carrying a note and screeching and he crossed that line. Alot. I just figured the emo and goth kids who text to the friends they are standing next to rather than speaking in case an adult would happen to hear them, would have burned up the airwaves voting for Adam. The kids these days can text in their pockets without even looking! I didn't even bother voting to be honest, because I thought it was a waste of time and effort...it'd be like calling a Pleasanton motorcycle accident attorney even though the bike went down in Sturgis. You know what I'm saying?

But America voted well! I think Kris Allen is great and I'm glad he won. Congrats Kris! The finale show was great and I enjoyed most of the various performances. Adam fit right in on stage with Kiss (good to see someone does)!!! It was especially satisfying to see Tatiana being corralled by security as she tried to sing her way back into the competition. Never give up hope, sista! LOL In the end, Kris was awarded the winner and I'm excited to see what he will be busy doing in the upcoming months!

No comments: