Friday, October 02, 2009

I've never been offered so many husbands in one day before!

Today I was offered 3 husbands. That's right, you heard me....3 husbands!

This morning I was having a meeting in my apartment with the building owner and the owner of the businesses on the first floor below all 3 apartments, about some maintenance issues. There is now going to be a yoga place where there was previously nothing, another Mexican restaurant where there had already been 2 failed Mexican restaurants below me and in the middle, there will be a bakery where the medical equipment store used to be. I didn't know I would be having said meeting in my apartment today or I would have taken some time last night to straighten things up and get ready for it! The place is in a bit of disarray since I have dug around through things to get items to sell at the yard sale.

Anyway, in mentioning my yard sale, the business owner eye balls a screwdriver of mine laying on the table and offers to buy it from me...as this happened, the building owner, Hector, saw my tool box laying there and offered to buy that from me! I said, "No, no...I need these tools! Since I don't have a husband, I have to fix things myself!"

Both of their eyes got really big and ginormous smiles came and the business owner said, "I have two guys downstairs and they both need to get married! The one cooks real good (making a motion with his fingers to his mouth)" Then Hector says, "Well, if you don't mind Mexicans, the man who runs the bakery, he need to be married too!! You want me to introduce you??"

We all had a good laugh..but on some level, I think they were serious! LOL I could have my pick of the 3 amigos!!!

2 comments:

Joyce said...

Wow, Becca! What a story! :P

Anonymous said...

This is hilarious! I love your stories :)

Lisa Siebel