Monday, October 26, 2009

A rough start

Well, this was a busy weekend. Some good things happened and some not so good things happened. I'm sick, sort of...it seems to just come and go as it pleases. I got to work over 16 hours this weekend for my second job, which is great. I hadn't gotten any hours in over 3 weeks!

Also, had "good" fun at some friends' birthday party, it's always nice to get together and jibber jabber. The kiddos had fun at the playground. Had me some grilled hot dogs...love them! Could have done without the bee problem, but hey they have to eat too.

Sunday brought more "good" to the weekend in the form of a vow renewal ceremony for the Quinn family. 15 years and 5 kids later :) They decided they did in fact want to stay together for the long hall. The theme was 'A cord of three strands is not quickly broken'....the third (or first, depends on your point of view) strand would be God, of course :)

The "not so good" for the weekend ended up being a broken window on the parking lot afterwards. I hope the criminals had fun with their bag full of crocheting, magazines, books and raisins which were for the car ride from/to Kentucky. The happy couple's brother and sister in law and their kids were supposed to head home Monday morning but were going to have to get the window fixed first now. Crime is so annoying.

After this long weekend, Monday morning came crashing down on me. A rough start indeed, it was hard to get out of bed today....so I just had to force myself up, slapped on some wrinkle cream and poof! I'm ready to start a new week. I guess.

No comments: