Friday, November 13, 2009

RIP Uncle Joe


Life goes by so fast these days. There never seems to be enough time or resources to prioritize things the way we wish we could. My Uncle Joe passed away on Thursday. For about 6 years I've been wanting to go down to Texas for a visit and have him take me fishing at Lake Fork! He said he would and even told my dad he was blessed to have a daughter who enjoyed fishing.

Uncle Joe has 3 daughters and I don't think they are very interested in it. I missed my opportunity forever to go fishing with Uncle Joe :(

So be praying for me as I will be driving (most likely alone) from St. Louis, MO to Italy, TX. It should take me about 12 hours or so, depending on how many times I need to stop. It'll be a fast weekend visit, no time to sit around and enjoy a bluray movie.

Don't let let so much time pass not doing things you really would like to do just because you are 'too busy'. Make the time before you are out of time. Rest in peace, Uncle Joe!!

1 comment:

Forgetfulone said...

You just never know! My dad was fine the morning he died. It can strike with no notice. I'm so sorry your Uncle Joe passed away. Wish you'd come to Texas to stay, tho!