Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Diagnosis: Gallstones

Pending further investigation, the initial results of my chest CT last week are that I have gallstones. Hmm...interesting! Not exactly what we were looking for so I googled 'gallstones' and discovered some helpful info. My primary Dr.'s office simply left me a voice mail, referring me to a surgeon...which I am having big issues with.

I'm not a fan of surgery...don't know anyone who is. So if I've had NO attacks and NO other symptoms, should surgery be my first option? I think NOT! So, I'm waiting for a call back from my primary Dr.'s nurse for more info on my CT results. I'm hoping there is a healthy alternative to avoid or even stave off surgery, which I'm pretty sure there are other options such as liver & gallbladder cleanses. So far I have removed almost all the unhealthy fats I know how to from my diet. I've already lost some lbs & it's only been 5 days. Next thing I need to do is add some exercise, some good quality time on some treadmills perhaps, throw in some swimming...it's a great way to start incorporating it into my daily routine. I'll update with more info later.

2 comments:

Mitchypoo said...

I think I had a gall bladder attack over a month ago and I don't think surgery is your first option. I've done some research, and I've heard of many people who are able to control or stop issues with diet. A GB cleanse would be a good idea too. Let me know if you want a link to the info I have found.

BeccA's Buzz said...

I would love to check out the info you found!! Thanks alot :)