Monday, September 13, 2010

All Aboard!! Chicago here we come...

A good friend of mine approached me recently about a possible train ride trip to Chicago and I couldn't be more excited!! Her daughter's 10th birthday is approaching and she really wants to get her a special item that can only be purchased in a couple of places and Chicago is one of them. I remember turning 10 (double digits!!) and I would have flipped my lid to take a train with my mom to Chicago to get a gift I've been wanting!I would just assume to hit a Big Sale at Mattel Shops here locally, to be honest. You can find great deals at Mattel and use the leftover savings to get fun wrapping paper or a birthday card! Now, don't get me wrong, I am in need of a small vacation...especially to a place I've never been before. Plus, I've always wanted to take the train to Chicago!! So I will 'get on board' and enjoy myself for the weekend. Chicago, here we come!

2 comments:

Nessa said...

i love train rides.

Susan at Stony River said...

Train rides are the best!
So is turning 10 -- and shopping at Mattel -- yes, it sounds like a great weekend!