The 'Give Me Five' Monday meme is designed to share fun information with each other in a simple short list! Here's how it works. Each week, I will put out a random topic from my list of topics and you share 5 answers of your choice on the given topic and link back here! You can add photos, links or stories or just a simple list of your own of 5 things that relate to the topic as it pertains to you and your life experiences. It doesn't have to be in any order of importance unless otherwise specified.
Sign up for weekly reminder emails @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Give Me Five things you like and/or dislike about Christmas trees (putting them up or fond memories, favorite ornaments or tree toppers, etc.)
1. I always loved putting up the Christmas tree when I was growing up. My mom taught me how to separate all the different limbs by size and how they went on the tree. She always taught me how to do the garland and lights and the angel on top. But then there was a time when my mom stopped putting up the tree and I couldn't stand for that. So I began to put it up on my own. I really enjoyed it.
2. I can still remember the smell of the old ornaments. My mom rarely got any new ones and the old ones were well worn. But the smell...that musty, been-in-the-basement-for-years smell was like no other. My favorite ornaments were ones that we made like the paper santa hat with dangling eye balls. My mom had this beautiful angel that lit up, I can still remember how she held a light in each hand like candles and there were lights under her dress.
3. I love the look of a tree with lots of tiny lights all over it! I have a 6 1/2' pre-lit tree with clear lights on it. Sometimes I like to just turn the tree on and turn out all the other lights in the house and watch it spin around and around (yes, the whole tree turns around and around). All of my ornaments for my tree are silver, white, iridescent or clear so everything shines and sparkles!
4. I dislike taking down the tree. It's no fun and that means I can't see it again for another year! :-(
5. I love it when people put their decorated trees in front of a window so we can see them all lit up as we drive down the streets! I also love it when people decorate the trees outside in the yards, if they have them!
|1. Deb - Mom of 3 Girls|
2. Queen-size funny bone
3. Mom Knows Everything
4. Comedy Plus
6. Mama Pajama
7. Misty Dawn
10. Tina Kubala