Friday, October 03, 2008

Biden Vs. Palin Debate

Overall, I think both Senator Joe Biden and Governor Sara Palin did good jobs debating the topics on last night's Vice Presidential debate. I watched the entire event held here in St. Louis at Washington University and honestly thought they would cover a wider variety of topics. Perhaps that is because I have never watched a Presidential or Vice Presidential debate before, I had no idea what to expect. In the end, it was a good healthy debate, each side putting forth their best efforts. No one was completely bombed and frantically looking for the exit sign. All in all, a great debate! Although I can appreciate Biden's tidy professional 'Washington' demeanor, I really enjoyed how Palin seemed more down to earth and personal while standing strong on her topics.

I can't help but be reminded of the Saturday Night Live skits they've rolled out over the past few weeks. I knew Tina Fey would make a great Palin, I called that one a couple of weeks before SNL even started their new season. Basically, as soon as I say Sarah Palin, I said, "Wow! There's Tina Fey! Guess she'll be coming back this season fo sho!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We watched te debate too. It was good and quite interesting. But I don't trust Palin any farther than I can throw her, and right now I'm not supposed to pick up more than 50lbs! She just gives me the creeps! Just my opnion.