The 'Give Me Five' Monday meme is designed to share fun information with each other in a simple short list! Here's how it works. Each week, I will put out a random topic from my list of topics and you share 5 answers of your choice on the given topic and link back here! You can add photos, links or stories or just a simple list of your own of 5 things that relate to the topic as it pertains to you and your life experiences. It doesn't have to be in any order of importance unless otherwise specified.
Sign up for weekly reminder emails @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Give Me Five recent movies you've rented.
Have you ever heard of the 'Red Box'? Well, I'm addicted! A popular fast food restaurant ran a special over the spring/summer giving away free rental codes (value @ $1 ea) for the Red Box with the purchase of an extra large sized drink. I managed to collect quite a few of those codes and have been enjoying my free rentals ever since! Lately it seems I've been renting and watching more frequently and thought, Hmmm, what a great theme for GM5! What is everyone renting/watching lately? And if you haven't seen a movie lately, what are some you'd like to see soon? Here's my list of recently rented dvds:
1. National Treasure 2. Very interesting, suspenseful and clever! Much like National Treasure, the first one LOL I have always been a Nicholas Cage fan so this was a good pick for me. Great sequal!
2. 88 minutes. Al Paccino isn't looking so good these days. Someone, bless his heart, needs to help him tone down that big 'hair', it's like a skyscraper up there. The movie was not bad.
3. Stuck. Wow, just WOW. What a story, almost unbelievable what happens in this movie, a bit gory I'd say, but the craziest part of this movie is that it is based on a true story!! Insanity. All I can say is, "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug." Pun intended.
4. War, Inc. Now, I do love me some John Cusack. Yes, I do. That being said, sometimes he plays very interesting and odd type characters. This is one of those roles for him. Of course, he pulled it off very nicely. I also honestly enjoy the fact that his sister is in every movie he is in, in one way or another. I get a big kick from that. The movie wasn't horrible, but....eh. Not my normal cup of tea.
5. Smart people. This was a slow story of sorts. No major action going on. I bought all of the characters and such with the exception of Sarah Jessica Parker's role. I just have a difficult time separating 'Carrie Bradshaw' from Sarah's face :) They all did a great job, though. Not a bad movie at all, has a nice ending.
|1. Beverly (by Grace)|
|4. Joyce T.|
5. Jen @ mommablogsalot