Thursday, August 26, 2010

Don't go there!

Don't ever follow your heart. The bible says “The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked; Who can know it?" Jeremiah 17:9. You should always lead your heart. Study up, pray it up...know what your answers should be before you are asked the questions. For all those boy scouts out there, be prepared!

I've had some time over the past 5 years to consider my thoughts and pray about a choice in a certain personal aspect of my life. I came to the best decision...one to keep me safe, healthy and more importantly, in line with the will of God as I understand it for my life. Having resolved the issue in my heart, I began the journey to carry it out. That was until temptation rained down upon me and I nearly lost my mind! I have not broken my decision but I have danced around it...a slippery slope. I think it's time to sit back with a heated blanket and a cup of cocoa and remind myself of my original decision and find a way to move on in my heart from this temptation. The bible also says that you will never be tempted more than you can withstand and He always provides a way out. Thank God for that!!!

No comments: