Thursday, June 21, 2007

Elvis Presley: Yesterday and Today

Today, I'm in an


kind of mood. I realized recently that I really do enjoy a lot of his music. I was always a fan of his movies and music as a kid. Of course, I didn't actively listen much as a teenager. But I am the kind of person who listens to all kinds of music. Especially now.

I was only about 3 or 4 when he died, but I can remember the impact it made. Full on adults were sobbing and gasping and so upset! It was all anyone could talk about for a long time. Now that I'm older, I understand more of his story and I think it's terribly tragic in the end. I have visited Graceland a couple of times on "we're bored so let's drive to Memphis" trips in the middle of the night. Because "you know, Memphis is only 4 short hours away!" I've never been inside. Maybe some day I'll go in!

Anyway, today is an Elvis day. I'm just in the mood for the smooth sound of his voice and the nostalgic feelings he conjures up.

Special thanks to my friend Shell who gave me my first Elvis CD for Christmas last year, I have put it to good use!

No comments: