Monday, January 14, 2008
The 'Give Me Five' Monday meme is designed to share fun information with each other in a simple short list! Here's how it works. Each week, I will put out a random topic from my list of topics and you share 5 answers of your choice on the given topic and link back here! You can add photos, links or stories or just a simple list of your own of 5 things that relate to the topic as it pertains to you and your life experiences. It doesn't have to be in any order of importance unless otherwise specified.
Sign up for weekly reminder emails @ email@example.com
Give Me Five things you like and/or dislike about your job.
1. I really enjoy working with numbers! I work for an accounting and tax service and I have had a great time organizing mathematical messes and making things balance. You can really tell alot about what's going on by seeing where people spend their money. Numbers really intrigue me and keep you on your toes. It's fun to use my computer to create spreadsheets and such. I am also the unofficial IT person here in our office so it's my job to keep us up to date and up and running smooth. Like if we needed HDMI products, I'd be the one shopping and installing all of it. Thank goodness I have a friend to get advice from :)
2. My boss is a pretty good guy. I am always late, like everyday late and as long as I make my time up, he doesn't fuss too much. He's quite the character and has no backbone when it comes to certain things, he just wants to be known as a good person. I think people take advantage of him...like me :( But I do make up my time, it's not like I just show up when I want and leave when I want and put in 30 hours and expect to be paid for 40. Also, he's easy to laugh and carry on with when there's no clients in the office. I also enjoy that he is very very flexible when it comes to me taking time off. I know what I have to get done at work and when I have to do everything and I try to work around that schedule but with that in mind, I can usually call him the night before or even let him know the day of that I need to leave early or be off and he almost always answers with "Whatever you need to do." Thanks, boss!
3. I dislike my salary right now. I haven't had a raise in about 4 years and it's beginning to take it's toll. Things are really strapped around our office especially at this time of the year. It makes me so nervous when there's talk that our payroll checks might bounce! But my boss has been a very generous person in the past when he can be.
4. I like that I pretty much do my own thing at work. What I mean by that is, I decide what I'm working on and when I'm working on it. From time to time we do have special projects to do which require me to work within a specific time frame but for the most part, I work at my own pace. I wouldn't enjoy a job where I had a certain quota to meet or had someone looking over my shoulder prodding me along.
5. I love living so close to work. I work about 3 1/2 miles from my office and it takes me about 8 minutes to get there, depending on which lights I get caught at. It's great, especially if I forget something and have to go back home or the office, whichever the case may be.