Sunday, December 14, 2008

Room for improvement?

Today I went to visit one of our church families who's youngest child had a double valve replacement surgery on Friday at St. Louis Children's Hospital. I'm happy to report the little guy is doing well. The family waiting room on the other hand, left a lot to be desired!

There were people/parents laying around on the couches covered up trying to sleep, other people coming in and out for the snack machines and still other people sitting around with their family members trying to have conversations that didn't disturb the sleepers. I would have thought, for a top notch children's hospital, they would have a little better accommodations for the parents of the sick kids. I mean, I don't expect them to have nice individual rooms like a hotel in las vegas but *something* better than a large communal lounge room. It just seemed so impersonal and un-family friendly to me.

No comments: