Sunday, September 09, 2007

Catch 22 of sorts

The brilliant owners of my apartment put in one of those 4 foot florescent light fixtures just before I rented this apartment 3 1/2 years ago. I'm not too big on florescent lighting in my home, but I rent so I have no options.

Well, the inevitable has happened, the bulbs are burned out. Which means of course, that it's time to call the maintenance crew to come out. Well, I haven't exactly been Martha Stewart in my kitchen for some time now, and really, my kitchen has become more of a "catch-it" room than a functioning kitchen. Thus, I need to clean it and make sure the maintenance guy has plenty of space to work an such. I mean, I'd really hate for him to drop something and break something of mine just because it was out.

The catch 22 is, the light is out. I can't clean in the dark! I need the light to work so I can clean so the guy can come and fix the light. LOL So the only time I can clean is during the day. That's what I'm doing today. I've made some progress, but taking extra time for the little projects that have been set to the side are starting to add up, and it's now getting dark here. So I have to go finish now. :-)

No comments: