Thursday, September 06, 2007

Embrace my shape

I have always disliked the shape of my body. Ever since I was young and began to gain weight, I seem to gain in my belly most easily. It's easy to see, I am definitely apple-shaped. It's hard to find clothes that cover the fact that I am 'thick' in the middle without making me look like I'm 9 or 10 months pregnant.

I've always thought, "Hey, if you'd just lose weight, your belly would go away!" I am shaped just like my dad's mom, grandma Becker. She has bird legs and all belly. I was talking to her one day about our shape and she happens to mention that she is shaped just like her mom-who weighed 98 lbs and was ALL BELLY!

Forget it!

So I have decided to embrace my shape. See me, love me. I will wear any style shirt I care to. If I look pregnant, guess what, I can't help it! I'm excited about the new clothes I bought for my trip, they are all fun and a new style for me. I can't wait to wear them all the time! Of course I will still continue to try and lose weight, I'm not making this into a situation where I give up on every being small so why try. But I am no longer going to be ashamed and worry about it. It's just me, so there ya go!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this post!! I want to someday be comfortable in my own skin but right now I won't be wearing a bikini or tube top :) Great post!!

BeccA's Buzz said...

Yeah, me either. I never said I was 'comfortable' I've just decided to say, oh well, this is me. Being fat is anything but 'comfortable' LOL

Annoyed said...

I feel your pain sister. I have skinny legs, I'm not too big on top, but I have a thick middle. Even at a size 10 I have a fat roll sticking out. It's very frustrating and it's hard to find shirts that look good on me and don't show the bulges. (and NO, I'm not a skinny person just "thinking" I have a fat roll - I really do have one - LOL!)

Jennifer

ruther said...

I can really relate to this. I don't have the perfect shape. I sometimes can't afford to wear those trendy clothes. But hey? I don't care as long as I am comfortable with what I am wearing and happy with who I am. Love me or hate me! :)

Sandee said...

We are what we are Becca and that's all there is to it. Excellent post. Have a great GM5. :)