Thursday, September 06, 2007

Fun with digital photography

I used to say, that the technology just wasn't there yet in the world of digital photography to deliver film quality photos. Or at least not in digital cameras that normal people (non professionals) like myself could afford, anyway.

My first digital camera was an inexpensive basic model that sported a whopping 3.2 mega pixels. Woo. The quality was ... ok. I certainly took my share of photos with it. I did enjoy getting the gist of the photo on the display screen. That was a plus. Also being able to edit and crop the photos at home was definitely an added bonus to traditional developing and printing options.


In preparation of my upcoming trip overseas, I decided to upgrade the quality of my digital camera. I now have a Canon Powershot A630. I love this camera! Not only does it have all the above mentioned features, but it boasts 8 mega pixels, the display screen can flip around and be maneuvered so you can capture angles yet keep your ability to see what you are taking. It has so many features, well, let's just say I am still learning about it. Thus far, I have been impressed with the clarity and quality of the photos taken. I look forward to using this camera on my vacation and will certainly share my photographic experiences here for everyone's enjoyment! Did I mention, I love my new camera???

No comments: