The 'Give Me Five' Monday meme is designed to share fun information with each other in a simple short list! Here's how it works. Each week, I will put out a random topic from my list of topics and you share 5 answers of your choice on the given topic and link back here! You can add photos, links or stories or just a simple list of your own of 5 things that relate to the topic as it pertains to you and your life experiences. It doesn't have to be in any order of importance unless otherwise specified.
Sign up for weekly reminder emails @ email@example.com
Give Me Five hints, tips, tricks, advice or any other stories related to resumes or succeeding in the great job hunt!
I have decided to attempt an upgrade!! No, I won't be heading out to my local discount furniture store to upgrade my abode, a career upgrade!!! So I need all the advice I can get!
1. Monster.com-I am still new to this one. I threw on a resume there a week ago and so far have received 2 phone calls from it. They were both from local agencies who can help place me, so I'm happy about that! Give it a try, can't hurt anything!
2. Do some research online for how to build a great resume. I still need to work on that one. If it has been a while since you have tended to your resume, might I suggest getting it out, dusting it off and updating it? I can't believe how much I have forgotten about where I've worked and such from before...I wish I would have kept better records from back then.
3. It's ok to be nervous on an interview, that's just natural! Try not to let your emotions and nerves overrule the point of your interview, which is to turn on your professional ad so they can get a feel for who you are as an employee. I once had an interview that went so badly, the man actually told people at his office I "had no skills." Duh, I was so emotional and nervous, I forgot to even tell him about my qualifications for the position!!
4. Don't apply for jobs you don't want. Ok, I know what you are thinking...this sounds silly, but when I was young, I kept thinking, "Gosh, I really hate working at fast food and this and that." Well, why would I go apply there then? I am really happy to have a Monday through Friday job and working on a weekend brings extra compensation...as it should be!
5. Last but not least, pray about all of it! Give your anxiety and worries about the job hunt to Him and He will take care of you. I have faith that God will lead me to the position where I should go. He knows my wants and my needs and better than that, He knows my future and where I am going! I have every faith in Him to get me to the places I need to go and I will be blessed because I know it is right when I get there. No worries!!!
I Peter 5:7 "Cast all your cares upon Him, for He cares for you!"
|1. Comedy Plus|
2. Misty Dawn
3. Mom Knows Everything
4. The Gal Herself
6. Penny Lane
8. Tamy ~ 3 Sides of Crazy ~