The 'Give Me Five' Monday meme is designed to share fun information with each other in a simple short list! Here's how it works. Each week, I will put out a random topic from my list of topics and you share 5 answers of your choice on the given topic and link back here! You can add photos, links or stories or just a simple list of your own of 5 things that relate to the topic as it pertains to you and your life experiences. It doesn't have to be in any order of importance unless otherwise specified.
Sign up for weekly reminder emails @ email@example.com
Give Me Five positive traits or accomplishments you admired in a person or persons that you aren't getting along with or have hurt or offended you in the past.
Over the past few years, I have gone through some personal changes as I've grown closer in my walk with the Lord. In that time, there have been more than a couple of friends, and I mean long time-there-by-your-side kind of friends, who I have begun to clash with. Some have gone away from me completely and others I have attempted to reconcile with on some level.
Part of my growth has been to see how I really was to other people...to discover the err of my ways, not just what other people do to me. As it turns out, it's a two way street and I was just as guilty as they were!!! So, something I have tried to do when looking back and evaluating things, is to try and remember positive things about them and not just the bad things at the end of the friendship.
I really have gained much healing through this process and thinking positively about people who have hurt us is a great step in a Godly direction. Everyone sins against God, sometimes we get hurt in the process too. Adding positive thoughts to the equation can help the healing process and add closure to the situation even if it's only on our end.
1. B.G. - A childhood friend that I am no longer even in contact with: she was always there for me in certain ways. When I got my 4 wisdom teeth pulled and when I had my tonsils out (all as an adult) she took me and stayed with me afterwards to help me. Definitely not the kind of person who would mind her pocket watch worrying about how long you are taking with a story.
2. T.H. - A lover from my past who truly broke my heart, twice: he was a great outdoorsman and companion who could always make me laugh.
3. T.B. - Another childhood friend that I am no longer in contact with: she was so strong and smart! I always enjoyed her company.
4. B.G. - A wonderful Christian man I dated briefly who left without saying goodbye: he showed me that there are great men still out there and reinforced my desire to be equally yoked.
5. K.H. - A friend I am no longer in contact with: I always enjoyed her strength, her company, her loyalty and the hours of laughter shared.
|4. Tamy ~ 3 Sides of Crazy|