Monday, August 04, 2008

Give Me Five Monday Meme #31

Monday, August 4, 2008

The 'Give Me Five' Monday meme is designed to share fun information with each other in a simple short list! Here's how it works. Each week, I will put out a random topic from my list of topics and you share 5 answers of your choice on the given topic and link back here! You can add photos, links or stories or just a simple list of your own of 5 things that relate to the topic as it pertains to you and your life experiences. It doesn't have to be in any order of importance unless otherwise specified.
Sign up for weekly reminder emails @ beccagirl@charter.net


Give Me Five things you haven't done in a long time that you would like to do again.

I love thinking back to old times and every time I do, I always end up with the same question, "Why has it been so long since I've done that?" So let's make a list and then *maybe* think about doing them!

1. A new hair do. I recently made an appointment for a hair cut and the day before, I thought, "How long has it been since I updated my do or even changed it at all?" So I got all my hairs cut! I am now the proud owner of a swing bob and honestly, I'm lovin' it! I don't have a pic of it yet so I can't show you but I promise to share one soon! How long has it been since you got a new do?

2. Visit family you don't see often. I am shameful in this regard! There are family members I only see and talk to once a year at the family reunion and it's not because I don't like them, I just don't think to call or visit! Of course, the phone lines and roads between their house and mine go in both directions, but it's just one of those....we-just-never-plan-it things. I should totally make some time and make some calls and make some plans to visit those relatives I don't see very often.

3. Roller coasters. I used to love going to different theme parks and riding ALL the biggest, fastest, newest roller coasters I could! I would love to do this again, there's just nothing like that rush and weightless feeling, going upside down and experiencing extra G's....LOVE IT! I will need to really lose some weight first though but when I do, look out Six Flags!

4. Exercise! Ok, this sort of follows well from the one above, but I really do miss exercising. I always enjoyed being active and sweating out a nice work out. I remember going to the park and playing racket ball by myself like it was a tennis board. I played tennis in high school and really liked it. I haven't found a good partner to be matched with since high school so it's a bit disappointing really. Ah well, at this point, I'd be doing good to walk some on my treadmill!

5. Go on a date. No seriously, I think I would benefit from some dating motivation. I just haven't been interested in anyone in a long time. It's difficult for me to meet men, I'm rarely around available men so it adds a level of difficulty to my situation. Nonetheless, even if I know the guy isn't Mr. Right, I'd still enjoy going to a movie or out to a restaurant from time to time and engage in conversation that isn't about kids or husbands, no offense to my married friends, but I'm very single! :)


Give Me Five Participants
1. Nina (Things in General)
2. MomOf3 (4ToB)
3. Tamy ~ 3 Sides of Crazy :)
4. Crystal
5. maryt/theteach
6. Beverly
7. Dawn\'s Daily Life
8. Kwizgiver
9. Joyce T.
10. Sherrie
11. melody

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

9 comments:

OGD Critic said...

Mine's up!

Crystal said...

Mine's up. Great post. Love the fact that I'm not the only one who neglects the hair. LOL.

maryt/theteach said...

Mine's up, Becca! I'd really like to see your new do! :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with you, date night. Since we have 3 children we do not go on date nights. It is hard to get a sitter for 3 children.

maryt/theteach said...

Don't worry Becca I'll never smoke again! :)

Kwizgiver said...

Once I got going, I could think of more than 5!

Joyce said...

Hi, Becca! I'm glad to see you're up and running this week. :)

I'm happy that you're happy with your new hairstyle. Yes! Show and tell. :)

Sherrie said...

Hi! I am new here. Have left my info. Would really like to join in. Thanks lots! I will be posting shortly at my site.

Sherrie

Melody said...

I'm a day late but I got mine up. (I wanted to do it yesterday but I couldn't get Ben and the twins to sleep early enough)