Thursday, August 21, 2008

Of course,

When I listen to Abba, I always think of the movie Muriel's Wedding. LOVE IT! I really enjoy watching movies filmed in other parts of the world. I love to take in the background scenery and imagine that I live there. Muriel's Wedding was filmed in Australia!

Another of my faves 50 First Dates, was filmed in Hawaii. That movie also had a great soundtrack. I listen to it from time to time and it brings back the movie and beautiful lush scenes of the water and volcanoes and seriously makes me want to move there!

Of course there's a ton of other reminders that bring movies to mind besides music. Why, just the other day, I was shopping through an LTD Commodities catalog and they are selling a table lamp like the one in the movie A Christmas Story. Remember that movie? The dad just *HAD* to have the lamp...the kid got his tongue frozen to a pole....you'll shoot your eye out? No?! If you don't know what I'm talking about, you have to see that movie this winter season if you have never seen it before, it's a classic! I think there's something relatable for everyone in that movie. How about you, do you experience music or other situations that bring movies to your mind?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love 50 First Dates. I read somewhere the script was written as a heart-wrenching drama set in San Francisco. I can't imagine how crappy it would have been if they'd gone with it that way.