The 'Give Me Five' Monday meme is designed to share fun information with each other in a simple short list! Here's how it works. Each week, I will put out a random topic from my list of topics and you share 5 answers of your choice on the given topic and link back here! You can add photos, links or stories or just a simple list of your own of 5 things that relate to the topic as it pertains to you and your life experiences. It doesn't have to be in any order of importance unless otherwise specified.
Sign up for weekly reminder emails @ email@example.com
Give Me Five ways you like to de-stress, relax, wind down or kick back.
Ooo, I love these because I get good ideas from everyone else! I say, "No need to pack up the old Rimowa luggage and head to the airport for a full on vacation!" There's plenty of stuff right here we can enjoy to kick back and relax.
1. Knitting-I learned to knit a couple of years ago and it is a great way to relax and the repetition is soothing. The feeling of the fibers working through your hands is great! I also love the sense of accomplishment when I finally finish a piece. Sometimes it bothers my carpal tunnel but for the most part, knitting is a great way to de-stress for me.
2. Watch TV-I almost always end my day watching some kind of recorded show in bed. I love having my DVR. I tell it what I want to watch then, when I get the time, my favorite shows are sitting there waiting for me! Also, I get to skip right through those stinky commercials :)
3. Fishing-I really love fishing. I always liked it as a kid but didn't get to go with 'the guys' very much. As an adult, I dated a guy who's favorite thing in life is fishing and we went all the time on his boat. We'd leave early in the morning and get to a lake and fish at sunrise or go after work more locally and fish until after dark! I miss it alot. When I get to go fishing, I have a big smile on my face because it's a great way to get out into nature and enjoy the great outdoors! If I'm fishing, I'm not worried about work or other responsibilities!!
4. Reading-I don't read as much as I wish I did. I don't make enough time for it. I do enjoy it! It's a great way to get your mind off your issues and into someone else's for a while. When I read in bed at night, I'm all into it at first and then before I know it, I'm drifting off to sleep!
5. Playing games online-I love to play over at GoldToken.com. I pay for my membership, it's a turn based game site, but I really love the games (especially Dice Pipe) and all the other members are so friendly. I have several friends who also play there, so it's fun to have games going with them. I've discovered a few other free websites for playing games too. I really enjoy it. It puts you in a playful mood, also not thinking of work and responsibilities when I'm playing.
2. Mama Pajama
3. Stacey @Real World Mom
4. Tamy ~ 3 Sides of Crazy
8. Penny Lane
10. Tina Kubala