The 'Give Me Five' Monday meme is designed to share fun information with each other in a simple short list! Here's how it works. Each week, I will put out a random topic from my list of topics and you share 5 answers of your choice on the given topic and link back here! You can add photos, links or stories or just a simple list of your own of 5 things that relate to the topic as it pertains to you and your life experiences. It doesn't have to be in any order of importance unless otherwise specified.
Sign up for weekly reminder emails @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Give Me Five favorite green things or your favorite ways to be green or favorite things about St. Patrick's day or mix and match!
First off, I am not Irish and I do not promote drunken stupors. So please enjoy St. Patrick's Day responsibly. And to all those who are Irish, your home country is beautiful, I hope to get there some day and "Top o' the mornin' to ya!" Secondly, my favorite color is green, yay! Lastly, everyone is interested in learning new ways to 'go green'! So you can mix and match under any of these wonderfully green topics!
1. Wicked (the musical)-Today is a cold rainy day and I am seizing the opportunity to wear the green sweater I bought to wear to the last performance of Wicked I went to in December, 2007. This time I was able to take my friend and cousin along. I really enjoyed this musical the first time I saw it a couple of years ago and boy oh boy, is it green in Oz! If you ever get a chance to go out and see this show, do indulge yourself the privilege. The show is quite entertaining and gives you a new perspective on the land over the rainbow.
2. Can recycling-I am always 'can hunting' and I can't wait for the weather to get better so I can go out and pick up all this cash laying all around the area. My local recycling center has a sign posted that hey are paying $.70 per lb. for 10 lbs or more at one time. That's even better than the last time I was busy recycling cans @ $.60. It doesn't sound like much but you'd be so surprised how quickly it adds up! It's free green in your pocket and it feels great to get those cans picked up and back onto a reusable track!
3. Clover-I remember sitting in the front yard when I was a kid, looking through all the green clover just trying to find one with 4 leaves! I always loved that there was a special day every year where people dressed in and decorated with my favorite color!! Happy St. Patrick's Day!
4. Grass & Trees-I have always loved the color green because God created the green grasses and green leaves all over the trees, especially in spring time! It's such a fantastic display after a cold dark dormant winter of 'resting'. It's like everything comes alive again!
5. Green Vegetables-I was just saying the other day, I really don't think there are many green vegetables I have met that I don't like or love! Of course, I have my favorites: asparagus, spinach, green beans, broccoli, lima beans, lettuce, cucumbers, peas, okra, brussel sprouts, collar greens...the list goes on! (And let's not forget about green tea!)
3. Blogging By Sandee
5. Penny Lane
|6. Dawn\'s Daily Life|
8. Joyce T.
12. Tamy ~ 3 Sides of Crazy
13. Tina Kubala