The 'Give Me Five' Monday meme is designed to share fun information with each other in a simple short list! Here's how it works. Each week, I will put out a random topic from my list of topics and you share 5 answers of your choice on the given topic and link back here! You can add photos, links or stories or just a simple list of your own of 5 things that relate to the topic as it pertains to you and your life experiences. It doesn't have to be in any order of importance unless otherwise specified.
Sign up for weekly reminder emails @ email@example.com
Give Me Five tips and tricks to save money or cut corners to stretch your budget.
I watched a news story last week on ways to save money at the grocery store and I was wondering what other ways people can save money in todays ever-worsening economy. Here's some I've put into motion to make my money stretch:
1. Try vegetarian meals! Serve your family at least 2 vegetarian meals each week and you could save between $500 - $800 a year! Beans are a healthy and delicious alternative to meat and much less expensive. There are other alternatives to meat that can save you money while providing a healthy nutritious meal. (I love beans too!)
2. Clip coupons! I know, a no-brainer it would seem but some people actually don't bother. Why, I will never understand...it's a tiny piece of paper that saves you cash, hello!
3. Get gas sooner rather than later. This one is for those of us who live paycheck to paycheck on a budget. Every week, I allow myself a certain amount for gas. I have found, that if I fill my tank sooner, while I still have more gas in my tank, it will cost less to fill it up the rest of the way! If I wait for a couple of more days of driving to fill it up, I will spend more because I've used more gas before filling. I know what some will say here, you will just have to fill up sooner the next time, but trust me, sooner is better. I also read somewhere that your gas will evaporate faster if it's less full. I don't know if that's true or not but try it and see!
4. Raid your pantry & freezer! You'd be surprised what's lurking there in the back of your pantry and freezer. One week, try only purchasing the basic necessities at the store and make an attempt to create your meals only from cleaning out that pantry of older items you've probably forgotten about! You might just be surprised at how many meals you can make from items you've already purchased.
5. Slow down your high speed internet. Remember dial up? Remember the first experiences you had with high speed internet? Everything just seemed to soar and flow and load so fast! Well, I'm sure you have "upgraded" your service as they add faster and faster connections...which is usually the most expensive services they offer, right? So, digress! Slow it down a notch or two, you will still enjoy fast speeds that work just fine and in the end, save yourself some dough! I did this one, myself and saved $120 a year and still enjoy high speed internet! I found a great list of money saving ideas just by google-ing 'money saving tips'. Now, what can you offer for my budgeting mind?
|1. Penny Lane|
2. Comedy Plus
3. Tamy 3 Sides of Crazy :)
8. Joyce T.
10. Shannon H.