The 'Give Me Five' Monday meme is designed to share fun information with each other in a simple short list! Here's how it works. Each week, I will put out a random topic from my list of topics and you share 5 answers of your choice on the given topic and link back here! You can add photos, links or stories or just a simple list of your own of 5 things that relate to the topic as it pertains to you and your life experiences. It doesn't have to be in any order of importance unless otherwise specified.
Sign up for weekly reminder emails @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Give Me Five movies you'd choose to have along if you were stranded on a desert island (that happened to have electricity, a tv and dvd player).
I have an obsessive compulsive personality. Once I find something I like to eat or see or do or the like, I repeat, repeat and repeat again! Movies are that way for me too. There are some movies I can watch over and over again! Here are five of my all time favorites, I'd certainly want them with me in the above deserted island type of situation. Guess I'll need to vacuum up sand rather than popcorn from my home theater carpet. Perhaps 5 wouldn't quite cover all my favorites, but it's a nice start!
1. For comedy: National Lampoon's Vacation. I could watch this movie over and over and I have! I just wonder how many time's I've seen it. Anyway, you can't top this one for me, classic, nostalgic, funny. Chevy Chase is fantastically superb as a dad traveling across country in a 'pea green Family Truckster' station wagon. Roy Wally: "And the smell from the back seat!" Clark W. Griswald: "Shhhhhh, eeee, yeah, I know that smell."
2. For nostalgia & songs: The Wizard of Oz. My favorite childhood movie, it's fun to sing along and pretend I'm Dorothy, I always wanted to be Dorothy and find friends in the woods to skip along with! LOL Just hearing the music stirs up fond memories! I can still remember how frightened I was of the wicked old witch (this was pre 'Wicked' days, of course!)
3. For a good cry: The Color Purple. I can't help but to start crying every time as soon as it begins, just because I know what is going to happen later on! This movie really touches me, to see what Celie went through and my heart just breaks every time Mr. comes callin' on Nettie because I know she is going to have to leave her sister. If you haven't seen it, please find one and watch it, but you'd better grab your box of tissues first!
4. For a nice dating/relationship/love story: Love & Sex. Ignoring any foul language, I really enjoyed watching these two meet and fall in love. Things don't always go the way you planned and this story takes you through the ups and downs of finding love. I actually don't have this on DVD so it would make a great gift for me!
5. For adventure & a love story: A Knight's Tale. What a story! This is great for me, I do love jousting! Also, the music cracks me up because it's all modern music. There are many movies I could name, this is just 5 of them. What movies would you choose to have on the island?
3. Tamy ~ 3 Sides of Crazy
|4. Penny Lane|
5. Shannon H.
6. Joyce T.
8. Miss Jocelyn