Sunday, November 11, 2007

Back on track

It has been a while since I was on my eating good and getting active kick. I did a great job getting started before my trip, but now I can see that things have gone in the opposite direction. I gained 5 pounds. Really, based on the way I feel, 5 pounds is not as much as I had thought it would be (blessing!!!)

So tomorrow I am going to get it all started again. I was well on the road to shopping in new stores, feeling less 'thick', wearing new clothes I shopped for on my trip...it was great! But you know how it goes, once you break your stride, it's hard to get going again.

I am tired of looking at my treadmill with dread. I like working out, I do! We've talked about this before, I enjoy working out and eating better. I know I need to lose weight, but honestly more importantly, I am looking to be healthier! I am no spring chicken and I know this is the only body I will have. I mean, it's not like I'm going to invest in any home gyms or anything, but getting active on my treadmill is a great start. I have a birthday in a week and I don't want to feel this way. I'm going to make better choices. I won't be legalistic about it, but I will make better choices. Enough with the donuts and ice cream and over sized portions at meal time. I will make an effort to eat smaller portions of healthier foods. I am still drinking my green tea, so that won't be a biggie. After I finish this pack of Coke, no more sodas.

This is good, I am looking forward to it! And of course, I will keep you posted!!!

No comments: