Wednesday, November 21, 2007

A much overdue gift for Christmas

My mom has this friend...well, she's a friend to all of us, really! Her name is Joyce and bless her heart, she is a widow now for many years. She lives on just her income, and she always tries to be a good steward with her money. I have seen that woman cut the corners off the corners, if you know what I mean. She rarely shops for the 'extras' and when she does, she's perfectly happy visiting resale or goodwill type shops. She always finds nice items!

Joyce & My mom @ lunch in 2004

Well, this post is to show my excitement and support for her decision to do something extra nice for herself! She decided to buy new bedroom furniture! Now, this might not sound like a big deal, but we are talking real furniture here, something she has never had! I believe she was making do these past few years with hand-me-downs from her son as far as a bed goes. Well, once she decided to treat herself to a new bed and dresser and such, she realized the walls needed to be painted, which then made her realize her old shag carpeting needed to be replaced! Girlfriend is getting a whole new bedroom!!! Yay!!!

She has already painted, ripped out the old carpet and had the new floors installed. Her furniture is set to be delivered this weekend. I think I will go over and see it on Sunday after church. I don't know if it's contemporary bedroom furniture or more traditional, but she is so excited about all of it and so are we! She totally deserves this for her life, she is a fine lady who would give you the clothes off her back if she thought you needed them, it's nice to see her get such a great gift, from her hardworking self!!! Congrats, Joyce!!

1 comment:

Misty DawnS said...

Yay for her! I've given you some more awards today ;-)