Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Busy time of year: a reminder

This is a busy time of year for everyone. What with all the parties and family gatherings and shopping and food preparations, it's no wonder we keep 1/2 our sanity during these couple of months!

This post is just a reminder to make the time to reflect on the reasons why we go out of our way to celebrate this time of year. For me, it's all about the birth of Jesus!

So atleast once a week (or as needed) I like to take a few minutes and ponder this. Maybe I read Luke 2 or watch 'The Nativity Story' or something like that. Even looking at the lights on people's homes as I scurry about can be a reminder of the gift from God of Jesus, the Light of the World!

As we get older, they years and their holidays pass by with increasing speed. Sometimes you just have to force yourself to slow down and take it in! Enjoy your time with your family and not fret over all the little details! Trust me! And don't forget the peace of mind you'll get with travel insurance if you will be traveling this holiday season. No joke, I had it for my big vacation and it's a great stress reliever!

1 comment:

Misty DawnS said...

Wonderful post! Thank you.