Monday November 26, 2007
The 'Give Me Five' Monday meme is designed to share fun information with each other in a simple short list! Here's how it works. Each week, I will put out a random topic from my list of topics and you share 5 answers of your choice on the given topic and link back here! You can add photos, links or stories or just a simple list of your own of 5 things that relate to the topic as it pertains to you and your life experiences. It doesn't have to be in any order of importance unless otherwise specified.
Sign up for weekly reminder emails @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Give Me Five pet peeves or dislikes associated with shopping.
1. I am not a fan of crowds. I try to avoid them at all costs. It's just very frustrating to move around in a store that is thick with people and carts. I never feel like I have the privilege of looking for what I need because I will inevitably be blocking someone else's view of something or vice versa. Also, it seems that when stores are crowded, other people who even wouldn't normally be fussy, take on a fussy attitude because they are frustrated too. Makes for an unpleasant shopping experience.
2. Not having as much money as I need/want for the stuff I want. Don't get me wrong, I am very thankful for what money I do have to shop with, but sometimes it's nice to choose something by likes and dislikes vs. what's the better deal cost-wise.
3. Not being able to find something I am looking for. I don't often visit stores I am not familiar with just because I dislike walking around in circles looking for items. It's a big waste of time. So I tend to revisit stores I'm familiar with.
4. I dislike watching the prices of everyday items going up and up. Like milk. Yeah, that's right, you heard me, milk. I could drink a gallon of gasoline cheaper than milk these days! What? Did the cows suddenly demand a raise or something?
5. Shopping is usually an enjoyable adventure for me. Sometimes I have something specific in mind and I set out to hunt it down and shop it out of it's hiding place. I also love to give gifts! So I get a little sad when I find out I can't give as much as I want because my funds are limited and with todays prices on things, you end up getting less for the same money...couple that with crowds and unfamiliar stores, hoo wee! So I stick to my budget, watch for sales, visit stores I'm familiar with and go at off peak times in an effort to keep shopping a fun adventure. I hope you can too!