Saturday, August 11, 2007

The Duggars - 17 kids and still going!


I have seen many television shows featuring this Arkansas family of 19 and counting. I always watch with amazement and delight to see the love they have for everyone in their family. I love that mom Michelle is their teacher, too. I can't think of a better way to run a huge family, they certainly have to stay organized to be able to keep things in any kind of order.

They use the buddy system which helps to insure the smaller kids can adjust as they go along. They are all assigned 'jurisdictions' which are chores. Until recently, they only had 1 washer and 1 dryer to try and keep up with the 10+ loads of laundry required per day.

They live a debt-free lifestyle. Yes, you heard me right. They feed then entire bunch for around $2,000 per month. About 3 years ago, they began and recently completed a 7,000 sq. foot steel frame house. They were all too ready to move in and get settled. With the help of a designer, they furnished the house and made the bedrooms into welcoming spaces for the kids as well as mom and dad. They were able to purchase an entire commercial kitchen set up for a fraction of the cost because it was used. They also have 8 commercial washer and dryers now!

I just really enjoy this family, I appreciate the way they share their faith in conjunction with their family story, what they do to stay together and how they take care of each other. I pray the Lord will continue to bless them and hope to see more tv specials in the future, so I can see those kiddo's grow up! Congrats, Duggar Family!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
BeccA's Buzz said...

Don't take offense if I delete your comment here. I realize people don't agree with their choices and make fun of them in many ways. I really don't appreciate the last comment which was a link to a photo of the family with a rude title and a couple of paragraphs demeaning their beliefs. If you want to make fun of them, please do it on your own blog. Obviously this post was not making fun of them.

Barb said...

Any family that size has me in awe of how they can make things run smoothly.

Kate said...

Way to stand firm, Becca. I agree, I think the Duggar family is amazing. They have taken full responsiblity for their children, hold their children accountable for responsiblity, shown them what a true family is all about, on top of instilling a firm belief in Chirst. Where is the wrong in that! Michelle Duggar deserved Mother Of The Year...which she was at one time awarded. She amazes me with her patience and love. We should all take notes...