Monday, August 13, 2007

Spoiled by technology

I have been officially spoiled by technology. It was bound to happen, really. Maybe you've heard of a little device called a DVR?

My digital video recorder is such a great treat! I've had it for about 2 years or so. I don't know how I ever got along without one in the past! Recording shows for to watch at my convenience, rewinding live TV and even just to pause live TV in case of interruptions too! It's a busy person's dream for television entertainment. All TVs should just come with one built in or something! I am so very spoiled by it that I get frustrated when I'm at someone's house and they don't have it. Maybe I've stopped paying as close attention as I should because I've become a tad reliant on it??

Try this one on for size: I'm listening to the radio, right. I was only 1/2 paying attention between songs and I heard, "...blah...blah...call now....blah....could win $10,000! Don't forget to mention the secret word we just gave you, good luck!"*

WHAT??!!?!?!?!? What was the secret word???? And I promptly lifted my hand to the radio controls to rewind it so I could hear it again. Yep, nope. Now I'm frustrated for not being able to rewind live radio!? LOL It's only a matter of time....mark my words!

*The radio scenario was a dramatization...

No comments: