Thursday, August 23, 2007

Fabulous Fox Theatre presents (again) Wicked the Musical!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!

I saw this a couple of years ago. I had not (and still haven't & don't want to) read the book, but I wanted to see it. My boss pooled his birthday bonus and Christmas bonus for me together and paid for my ticket ($60, big bonuses, huh?) But I went, by myself and I loved it! I then received the soundtrack on CD from my cousin Misty for my birthday! She wanted to go with me, but our schedules just conflicted to the point that she didn't get to go at all.

Now it's here again, and we have already began to make arrangements to get our tickets early. I hope we can get great seats this time. The most expensive seats are only $70 & $75 depending on which night the performance is on.

The Wizard of Oz is one of my all time ever favorite movies EVER!!! So I was leery of what this musical would do to damage my love for that. I was really worried it would change my feelings about it, but honestly, it didn't! I mean, they are sort of related, but I think this could stand alone as it's own interesting performance and not need to influence the timeless movie at all! It definitely puts a twist on the ideas behind it, and frankly I think it's quite cunning!

I am looking forward to all the songs, which by now I know by heart (sorry everyone who will be sitting around me!) I can't wait to see Glinda the 'good' witch "Toss, toss" her hair and Elphaba take flight for the first time! It's so powerful and moving and overall one of the most entertaining live shows I've ever seen! I can't wait to see it again!

No comments: